Krystal and I were planning to go to one of her former roommates weddings down in st. George and so naturally we were on our way in our Sunday best. Krystal was driving, because it scares her when I drive her car... and we were about 15 minutes out and I guess we were getting a little impatient and started to pass the slower moving vehicles. Well the story goes we were passing a car and just over a little rise in the road was a large patch of slush that naturally startled Krystal so she began to apply the breaks and this is where the fun begins. The rear end of the car began to slide out and Krystal with all the car a gentle woman can muster began a interstate ballet. we ended up sliding off the interstate and into a large bank of snow. The car now at a full stop, I hopped out to inspect the car and many motorists began to stop and check if we were okay, I was able to give them the affirmative. besides being stuck in the snow and mud everything seemed to be fine. We eventually were pulled out and back on to the interstate only after one of our rescuers got stuck in the snow themselves. I was quite an adventure and I have to say that Krystal no matter how gentle she is she handled the situation so well, she even insisted on continuing to drive herself. (This gave me great confidence in her).
Well you may think that this is the end of the story but it is not.
We made it to St. George, not in time for the wedding but in time for the luncheon. It was nice for Krystal to she her friends. Our plans had us after the wedding driving up to Enterprise to visit Krystal's family so the next leg of our journey began. Krystal still with full confidence began the journey and notice that the throttle was not responding the way it was supposed to. We located a nice place to pull off and I switched to driving and felt the same thing but I felt we just needed to continue on. Well, half way there the gas pedal disappeared, I was no longer in control of the vehicle. So I quickly switched on the cruise control hoping it would switch on and to my surprise and Krystal's relief it did and we were able to maintain a good speed all the way through the canyon.
It was an adventure and well with me that sort of thing happens...
There are more details so if you want them let me know...
2 comments:
did you figure out the gas pedal thing? What crazy times. I hope the weather is better when we see you next.
Oh boy...sounds like quite the adventure!!...Glad you guys are ok!
Congrats again!!
Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!
Post a Comment